Mergers & Acquisitions
Taxes play a critical role in mergers and acquisitions. In all phases of the process – from defining the acquisition strategy and structure, to conducting due diligence and drafting and implementing contracts – tax risks and opportunities must be identified. M&A transactions often present an opportunity to assess and optimise the participating companies’ legal structures from a fiscal standpoint.
We provide support and counsel in the following areas, among others:
- legal due diligence for buyers and sellers
- structuring national and international mergers and take-overs
- restructuring in advance of transactions
- financing of acquisitions and companies
- tax-optimised exit strategies (e.g. IPO, MBO, selling off companies)